Sunday, February 8, 2009

Classes Begin!

The fist week of classes has passed and our time in Florence is now beginning to feel a little bit more real.

As for the classes, I am very excited about my History of Fashion Design class because my teacher seems very interesting and experienced. I'm also looking forward to sketching the city in Drawing in Florence. My schedule is great, and the course load does not seem all that bad (but I guess that's only speaking for myself). While the others get up for their 9 o'clock classes, I sleep in a bit, take my time getting ready, have plenty of time to walk around the city before heading to my 1:30 class. After class, I head home and wait for the others to get out. I don't know how I got so lucky, but I thoroughly enjoy it! Mary Beth and I are taking Sculpture together...should be interesting. Italian will be very helpful even though Mary Beth will be way more advanced than me...she will just have to give me some private lessons. -Meg

As many of you know I am enduring an Italian class that meets 12 hours a week...that seems like a downer but I honestly love it. My prof. is just as obsessed with cappuccinos as I am, and every day in class we walk around Firenze and talk to the locals to practice our conversational skills as we order cappuccino after cappuccino! My art history class is kind of boring since it is really a more intensive review of what I have learned in two semesters worth of Renaissance art history. Like Martian said, we are taking sculpture together! I am excited about working with new materials...and I love seeing what I can create out of compost, garbage and etc. Our professor is incredibly gifted so I expect to learn a lot. -MB

Photos of Firenze and more are comming soon! Mb took all the pics, and I didn't know which ones she liked the best, so I will just wait for her to do that part!

1 comment:

  1. thats right MB...you talk to them locals. you have to find your italian lover somehow, right?!?

    ReplyDelete