Friday, January 30, 2009

Buon giorno!!

Ciao friends and family! We finally arrived to beautiful Florence, Italy Tuesday the 27th. It was quite a journey to get here... we started off with a 9hr flight from DFW to Frankfurt, Germany, where the man infront of me was drunk, passed out, and throwing up on himself a majority of the trip....lovely. However we were given two empty seats beside us which allowed us to stretch out and sleep! Meg struggled with the sleeping part, but God bless the Groh genes I was able to sleep most of the time.

Now for what y'all probably read this blog for in the first place-- what are we doing? Well the first day we got here we stressfully went through all sorts of orientation sign-ups and wildly tried to carry our overall four large suitcases, two carry-on suitcases and two large shoulder bags through the streets of Florence to locate our apartment on Borgo Allegri 24. In the midst of this craziness we lost Meg's wallet in the process of finding our apartment! But Godbless the Italians, beacause yesterday a woman encountered Meg on the street and told her she turned in Mary Margaret Quinius' wallet at the Carabinieri (Police)! So all day today we have been back and forth over the beautiful Arno river trying to communicate with the Italian Carabinieri...who no parla inglese, where Meg's wallet is!!! So please be praying that they find it and can return it to us with nothing missing!!

Well the city is beautful....of what little we have seen. We are taking this weekend to discover the treasures of Florence. So now that we have this blog thing figured out, we will keep everyone updated as often as possible. We love you all so much! Please continue to pray for our safety, our experiences, and the growth God has planned for us in this journey.

Ciao,
Mb and Meg

3 comments:

  1. Meg & MB - we (alice and I) just read your blog and are so glad that you are doing well and made it safely to italy. it sounds like you are having a ton of fun and we can't wait to read more about your adventures. send pictures - it is really easy to upload them on the blog, so we can see what beauty you are in. we miss you and love you dearly!
    jordan's surgery went well and he is recovering well. he hasn't had much pain which has been a blessing (b/c you know how he is with pain) so continue to pray for a good recovery for him. love you!
    christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg and Mb--I jsut read ya'lls blog!! I loved it-the whole time I was reading it I was picuring ya'll in my head like a movie and I know ya'll are having so many laughs and adventures!! i can't quite beleive it! I totally feel for ya'll with the suite cases and luggage part-it is the worst isn't it?! Do you concurr now that my motto less is more is so so true-travelign with loads of stuff is the worst! Meg I am praying that you find your wallet!!Take this as a learn processing and a test-it is unfortunate that thay happened right off the bat but more things of that nature wil lprob occurr but they are all part of the experience and will teach you so much about yourself and how you deal with differenet situtations!!i am very impressed with the Itallian ya'll used on ya'lls blog-very sexy!! Pick it up as much as you can and when you can back play up that itallian accent as much as you can-that is def a guy magnet!! I guess that goes more so for mb but I am sure Cole wouldn't mind meg whispering some sexy itallian words in his ear-hehe! anywhoo-it sounds ya'll like ya'll are definately soaking up the culture and making ya'lls way around! I can not wait to hear about Florence--I hope ya'll get lost and itallian boys on mopeds have to come rescue ya'll!!I love ya'll and am so proud of ya'll-Ciao!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgive all the bad grammar and poor spelling-I was typing so fast because my head wanted to say so much-my fingers couldn't quite keep up!

    ReplyDelete